Junior Parent Committee
The Junior Parent Committee (JPC) supports the coaching staff and rowers. The role of parent-volunteers is core to the success of the program and the involvement and support of parents is critical in keeping the club fun and functioning. All parents, guardians and grandparents of enrolled junior rowers are eligible and encouraged to participate in the JPC. The JPC shall select a Chair and Vice-chair and shall organize such subcommittees as necessary to fulfill its responsibilities. The JPC Chair shall serve as a voting member of the CRRC Board of Directors.
CRRC COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Chairs: Tim Trapp & Kristan Sodergren (email@example.com)
Safety, Safe Sport & Culture: Katherine Moriarty, Anne Bilder, Sue Stanton, Faith Windsor-Leonard
Financial Assistance & Fundraising: Anne Karch, Gil O’Brien, Eric Selje, Tobey Chier
Erg-A-Thon: Tobey Chier
Outreach & Recruitment: Sarah Pfau
Social: Tim Tansey, Lisa Bishop, Sarah Pfau
Website: Suzanne Swift
Clothing: Chandra & Mark Anderson
Regatta Camp / Equipment Crew: Vacant
Regatta Food: Lake Locken, Laurie Nagus, Mike Swift, Sydne Trapp, Beth Rhodehamel, Tamarine Cornelius
Team Travel: Steve Smith, Megan Jaeckel
Camp Randall Invite: Ed Wallander
Summer Programming: Vacant
Grant Writing: Sue Stanton
CRRC JPC RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Collect and maintain records (including but not limited to registration forms, waivers and emergency contact information) of the fall, spring and winter workout programs and travel fees paid by the families of Junior Team rowers.
2. Organize, manage and coordinate the annual fall and spring parent meetings, open houses, banquet, and other social activities.
3. Lead fund-raising activities for the Junior rowing program, including the annual Erg-A-Thon.
4. Organize, manage and coordinate the team and food tent as well as other associated actitives at the Junior team’s regattas.
5. Organize and manage team clothing and unisuits.
6. Assist the coaching staff with planning and running of home regattas.
7. Coordinate recruiting opportunities in the greater Madison area
8. Prepare reports to the Board of Directors about the activities of the JPC, including recommendations for policies, activities, expenditures, etc.
9. Enhance and support the various CRRC programming