Greater Chicago Junior Rowing Championships
May 6, 2017 – Crystal Lake, IL
- ROWERS must have a US Rowing Waiver a Code of Conduct and an attendance agreement on file.
- NO BUS. Coaches and Captains will help coordinate carpools… ROWERS are NOT allowed to drive themselves to this or any other regatta.
- ROWERS may not leave the regatta site during the event. Rowers must stay til the end of the day. Once the trailer is loaded and the camp site is cleaned up rowers will be dismissed by coaching staff.
- SIGN-UP GENIUS: We need help with foodstuffs at the racecourse and beforehand! volunteer here.
Website: For more information, go to www.gcjrc.org
Location: The nearest street address is 300 Lake Shore Drive, Crystal Lake, IL 60014
Spectators and Fans: CRRC will have coffee for you set up at our tents, and usually someone bakes something delicious to share. Stop by and chat with other CRRC fans. Bring chairs, binoculars, a picnic and a full water bottle. Dogs are NOT allowed at this race. The regatta site is a shaded waterfront park in a residential area. Limited amount of food and beverages will be available onsite for spectators to purchase. There are a limited number of restaurants within a 10-15 minute drive.
Weather: Up to date weather information for Crystal Lake, IL can be found here.
What to Pack:
- Breakfast, snacks and a FULL water bottle.
- Entertainment/activities, homework for non-race time: art supplies, Frisbee, book, card games, etc.
- Uniform (required on the water)
- Coxwains: Cox box, watch, fanny pack with paper and pen (in case you need to record race notes)
- sun hat/cold weather cap
- sun screen
- clothes for cooler weather/rain-gear
- money for race t-shirt (optional)
- assorted clothing for non-racing time
Thursday, May 4
There is NO BUS for this regatta. Athletes may NOT drive themselves to or from the regatta. All rowers must sign transportation info sheet in boathouse and talk to a coach directly by the end of practice time. You must indicate who you are riding with and which parent will be responsible for your transportation.
Friday, May 5 4:00 PM: Practice at Brittingham Boathouse and load trailer.
Saturday, May 6
5:30 AM: Rowers depart Madison for Crystal Lake, IL, about a 100-mile drive. Athletes may not drive themselves to or from the regatta. The nearest street address is 300 Lake Shore Drive, Crystal Lake, IL 60014
7:45 AM ETA: Arrive Crystal Lake. Parking is available across the street from the Main Beach building (there will be parking volunteers to guide you).
Rowers – Report to CRRC trailer to help unload and rig boats.
Coaches’ and Coxswains’ Meeting – 8:00am at the Main Beach building.
Parents – Come to the CRRC tent for coffee and help with set-up.
4:00 PM ETA Racing ends. All athletes are REQUIRED to remain at the course until the last race has finished, helping load the trailer and cheer on their teammates.
Coach Contact Information
- Shayla Dvorak 920-242-4821
- Phil White 970-819-9705
- Mike Mancusi-Ungaro 610-608-8118
- Grace Peterson 608-279-7434
Full Itinerary – Crystal Lake 2017 Itinerary