Chicago Sprints ~ Lincoln Park, IL
Junior Rowers must register on the CRRC website to attend Chicago Sprints.
Summer Learn to row participants, this regatta is included in your fees.
NOTICE OF DEPARTURE TIME CHANGE!
Good news sleepy heads- we are leaving an HOUR LATER than the original itinerary. BOARD BUS at 5:45AM, for 6AM Departure!
Click here for the full itinerary of the Chicago Sprints Regatta
Location Lincoln Park Boat Club’s boathouse located on the Lincoln Park Lagoon, within the Lincoln Park. The formal address is 2341 N. Cannon Drive, Chicago, IL 60614. Near Fullerton Avenue and Lake Shore Drive
Code of Conduct Please review the CRRC Code of Conduct and help everyone follow it!
Weather: Up to date information for Lincoln Park, IL can be found here.
What to Pack:
- BREAKFAST & FULL WATER BOTTLE for the bus ride.
- Pillow/small blanket or sleeping bag for sleeping on the bus.
- A DAY pack & snacks for the regatta. You will not have access to the bus when we are at the regatta.
- Entertainment/activities for non-race time: art supplies, Frisbee, book, card games, etc.
- sun hat
- water bottle
- sun screen
- clothes for cooler weather/rain-gear
- money for race t-shirt (optional),
- assorted clothing for non-racing time
- medication (please let your coach know if you will be taking medication and any other important information regarding any health issues).
Saturday, July 9
- 5:45AM Rowers, coaches and chaperones board busses at Copps parking lot, 3650 University Avenue,
- 6:00AM Bus departs. We ROLL AT 5AM SHARP. **ROWERS MAY NOT DRIVE THEMSELVES TO THIS, OR ANY, REGATTA**
- 7:30 am Coaches and Coxswains Meeting
- 8:00 am- Rig and row at Lincoln Park Lagoon. Parents, please join us at camp!
- 6:30PM Check in to hotel: Renaissance Chicago North Shore 933 Skokie Blvd, Northbrook, IL 60062 (847) 498-6500
- Dinner at hotel.
- 10:00PM Lights out
Sunday, July 10
- 6:15AM Buses leave from hotel at second race day.
- 7:30AM Coaches and Coxswains Meeting. Race all day.
- 6:00PM (ETD). Depart Lincoln Park Lagoon.
- 9:30PM (ETA) Arrive Copps parking lot. Rowers will call parents approx. 30 minutes prior to arrival.