Camp Randall Rowing Club – Spring Break Training Itinerary
LaFollette TN Friday March 23 to Saturday March 31 2018
Rowers will miss school on Friday March 23. Please make arrangements for make-up work and bring homework.
Before rowers may board the bus rowers must have:
- ALL registration forms completed and registration fees paid
- Camp Randall Rowing Club Athlete Code of Conduct signed by rower and parent
- Electronic US rowing waiver signed
- Attendance Policy signed by rower and parent
- Team Travel Medication Form submitted
Loading trailer and U Haul: Rowers are required to be at the Boathouse Wed March 21 and Thurs March 22 from 4:30-6:30pm to help load equipment and boats.
What to pack: FULL LIST HERE
Sack lunch for the bus ride, sleeping bag, pillow, bath and beach towels, overnight bag for bus rides, training clothes, racing clothes (uni/tank), CRRC spirit gear, running shoes, casual clothes (temp 40-80 degrees), extra socks, toiletries, swimsuit, hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, water bottle, clothes for cold weather, rain gear, homework, extra money for shopping at Hammers.
Note: Cell phone reception is patchy if at all in TN and KY! Chaperones will send twitter/FB/Instagram updates.
Friday March 23
- 6:30 am Bus departs from Pick-n-Save parking lot, 3650 University Avenue. Bring sack lunch on the bus. Bus will stop for bathroom breaks but lunch will be eaten on the bus. Chaperones will carry medical forms, first aid kits on the buses.
- 4:00 am Truck with boat trailer and U Haul depart for TN
- 6:00 pm Dinner at Golden Corral, 204 Kings Way, London, KY (606) 864-7062. Rooming lists will be announced on the buses after dinner.
- 9:00 pm (estimated) Arrive at Resort (Shanghai Resort, 1042 Shanghai Rd, LaFollette, TN. Phone (423) 562-7651)
- 10:00 – Lights Out
Saturday March 24
- 7-8 am Move trailer to marina, set up dock, unload, rig and row! Chaperones pick up food order.
Sunday March 25-Friday March 30
- 6:30 am – 3 pm typical day of rowing
- All meals are arranged by chaperones in kitchen at the marina. Rowers clean up. Basic meals are two large meals daily (brunch and dinner) with snacks in early AM and between meals.
- Social spaces are living rooms, porches, and on top of house boats. Rowers not allowed in other rooms.
- 10 pm rowers in assigned rooms and 10:30 pm lights out
- MONDAY: Afternoon trip to Hammer’s General Store, 1200 Charles G. Sievers Blvd, Clinton TN (865) 457-1436
- TUESDAY: Afternoon hike at Frozen Head State Park. Dinner at Big Ed’s Pizza, 101 Broadway, Oak Ridge TN (865) 482-4885.
- THURSDAY: Scrimmage vs. Oak Ridge Rowing Assoc
- FRIDAY: PM load trailer and U Haul. Pack breakfasts and lunches for buses on Saturday.
Saturday March 31
- 6 am depart for Madison. Meals arranged by chaperones on bus.
- 7pm (estimated) Arrive at Pick-n-Save parking lot, Madison. Rowers call for pickup prior to arrival. Watch twitter for updates.
Monday April 2 – No Workout; rowers to help unload UHaul (4:30-6:30pm); return Uhaul
Tuesday April 3 – Practice resumes (4:30-6:30pm)
TRUCK AND TRAILER: Wes Spitznagle; Mike Waldvogel
U HAUL: TBD
Melissa Waldvogel 608-575-0031
Mark Lilleleht 608-354-6998
Mike Waldvogel 608-575-4999
Carol Borcherding 608-692-1665
Wes Spitznagle 608-622-1219
Sarah Moeser 608-609-2008
Dave Barber 608-345-5542
Andrea Barber 608-347-5594
Brian Austin 608-347-2773
Tom Anderson-Brown 608-335-2857
Shayla Dvorak 920-242-4821
Phil White 970-819-9705
Mike Mancusi-Ungaro 610-608-8118
Grace Peterson 608-279-7434