Camp Randall Rowing Club (CRRC) offers a competitive rowing program for high school students throughout our community. No previous experience is required. This program, known as Juniors in the world of rowing, is also open to mature 8th grade students who have some previous rowing experience.
The team practices at the Brittingham Boathouse, 617 North Shore Drive, on Monona Bay near the Monona Terrace Convention Center. Camp Randall Juniors participate in regattas throughout the Midwest, competing against other club and high school crews. Camp Randall offers a free two-week trial for new rowers. HOWEVER, registration and signing the USRowing waiver are also necessary for this trial period. Payment is not due until the two-week trial has ended and the rower wishes to continue with the program.
The year is divided into two seasons, Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter.
2017 Spring/Summer Season begins March 13
- March 13 – May 26, M-F 4:30-6:30PM, Saturdays, starting March 25 7-9AM
- May 30 – June 10, M-F 4:30-6:30PM, Saturdays 7-9AM
- June 12 – August 5, M-F 6-8AM, Saturdays 7-9AM (no practice July 4)
During the spring racing season, Camp Randall competes in several regattas. Costs associated with the regattas are included in the Spring/Summer fee unless otherwise noted.
- Monona Invite, Madison WI ~ April 22
- Greater Chicago Junior Regatta, Crystal Lake, IL ~ May 6
- Midwest Junior Rowing Championship, Cincinnati, OH ~ May 20-21 (travel on May 19)
Optional/Qualifying Rower Regattas (additional fees apply)
- Junior Nationals Sarasota, Fl June 9-11 (qualifying rowers only)
- Club Nationals Cincinnati Ohio July 12-16 (leave for Ohio on July 11)
2017 Spring/Summer Fees
Spring/Summer Fees are due in full by March 1, 2017. Families in need of payment plans or scholarships, please click here. Scholarship application deadline for the spring season is February 24, 2017 at midnight. Proration of fees is not negotiable for partial attendance.
- Option 1: Spring/Summer Season $1650 by credit card. $1610 by check. (Send to PO Box 258160, Madison WI 53725)
- Option 2: Spring/Summer fee without Spring Break Training trip to Tennessee $1140 Credit/$1110 Check
- Option 3: Summer Session (May 30 – Aug 5) $600 Check only.
Note: The above fees do not include costs for Club Nationals or Junior Nationals.
- Athletes that qualify for Junior Nationals (Florida), the down payment for this trip is $1500/rower
- Athletes traveling to Club Nationals (Ohio), fees TBD, estimate is $650 per rower
IMPORTANT!! Before attending any practices, you must complete the following tasks:
- REGISTER and pay fees
- SIGN the electronic USRowing waiver (fee is $6 – use club code QUBXG)
- SIGN the Athlete Code of Conduct
- SIGN the CRRC attendance agreement with the coaching staff (this is not the USRowing waiver)
Need help with Registration?
What to wear? Information regarding Junior clothing, including uniforms, is available here.