Camp Randall Rowing Club (CRRC) offers a competitive rowing program for high school students throughout our community. No previous experience is required. This program, known as Juniors in the world of rowing, is also open to mature 8th grade students who have some previous rowing experience.
The team practices at the Brittingham Boathouse, 617 North Shore Drive, on Monona Bay near the Monona Terrace Convention Center. Camp Randall Juniors participate in regattas throughout the Midwest, competing against other club and high school crews. Camp Randall offers a free two-week trial for new rowers. HOWEVER, registration and signing the USRowing waiver are also necessary for this trial period. Payment is not due until the two-week trial has ended and the rower wishes to continue with the program.
The year is divided into two seasons, Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter.
Summer Season begins June 19
- May 30 – June 10, M-F 4:30-6:30PM, Saturdays 7-9AM
- No Practice June 12-17
- June 19 – August 5, M-F 6-8AM, Saturdays 7-9AM (no practice July 4)
During this summer racing season, Camp Randall will compete in one regatta. Costs associated with the summer regattas are NOT included in the Spring/Summer fee unless otherwise noted.
- Chicago Sprints, Lincoln Park Boat Club, Chicago IL July 7&8 $300
2017 Spring/Summer Fees
Summer Fees are due in full by May 30 or the first day you practice thereafter. Families in need of payment plans or scholarships, please click here.
- Option 1: Spring/Summer Season $1650 by credit card. $1610 by check. (Send to PO Box 258160, Madison WI 53725)
- Option 2: Spring/Summer fee without Spring Break Training trip to Tennessee $1140 Credit/$1110 Check
- Option 3: Summer Session (May 30 – Aug 5) $600 Check only.
Note: The above fees do not include costs for Chicago Sprints.
- Athletes traveling to Chicago Sprints, $300
IMPORTANT!! Before attending any practices, you must complete the following tasks:
- REGISTER and pay fees
- SIGN the electronic USRowing waiver (fee is $6 – use club code QUBXG)
- SIGN the Athlete Code of Conduct
- SIGN the CRRC attendance agreement with the coaching staff (this is not the USRowing waiver)
Need help with Registration?
What to wear? Information regarding Junior clothing, including uniforms, is available here.