Camp Randall Rowing Club strives to create a healthy, supportive environment for all participants. We recognize athletes can only reach their fullest potential when they feel safe. This safety extends to all aspects of the sport of rowing, both on and off the water. CRRC is committed to implementing USRowing SafeSport policies and procedures as established by the US Olympic Committee. These policies and procedures protect participants from all types of misconduct and abuse including bullying, hazing, harassment and physical, emotional and sexual misconduct and abuse.
Screening of staff and volunteers
All potential employees and chaperones must complete the following:
- CRRC Employment Application or Chaperone Application
- Background Information Disclosure Form
- SafeSport online training and certification (see below)
Codes of Conduct
All athletes, chaperones, coaches must sign and comply with CRRC Codes of Conduct:
- Athlete Code of Conduct
- Coach Code of Conduct
- Athlete Code of Conduct – We Can Row
- Chaperone Code of Conduct
SafeSport Online Training
CRRC requires that all members of Board of Directors, coaches, staff members and chaperones complete SafeSport online training. This training program teaches the nature of misconduct in sport: how to recognize it, prevent it and how to take action. Training can be done in segments, returning to training at your convenience. Once certification is complete, down load certificate and email a copy to CRRC Administrator or other appropriate committee member.
Educating your coaches, parents, volunteers and leadership is a critical component to a successful plan. The USOC Center for SafeSport has developed a new, online training program and website as of January 15, 2018.
**The new online program, which continues to be free, may be accessed as follows:
- Go to SafeSport.org and click on the “Sign In” button (upper right corner).
- Register following the prompts and create your account. (As this is a new program, you must create a new account. You will not be able to login with your SafeSport credentials from the previous website.)
- Select U.S. Rowing as your “Membership” from the drop-down menu.
- The following account code should be used for USRowing: J5YZ-UJKV-YMFX-4ENI
CRRC Internal Policies and Participant SafeSport Manual (IPPSM)