About the Camp Randall Rowing Club Junior Parent Committee
On June 20, 2009, the CRRC Board of Directors approved the formation of a Junior Parent Committee (JPC). The JPC supports the coaching staff and the rowers in a variety of ways. The role of parents as “boosters” of the CRRC has always been important and this charter is a recognition of the critical supporting role parents have in keeping the club fun and functioning.
2016 Junior Parent Committee
- Chairs: Melissa Waldvogel & Mark Lilleleht
- Registrars: Carol Borcherding , Linda Franzblau
- Scholarship & Fund Raising (Event Coordinators): Suzanne Swift; Patricia Mulvey
- Regatta Food: Thor Ringler; Justin Cruz , Renee Lauber & Heidi Veloon
- Regatta Camp / Equipment Crew: Mike Waldvogel & Wes Spitznagle
- Travel: Cynthie Anderson
- Clothing: Andrea Barber Dave Barber; Margaret Lofgren
- Website: Jenna Hansen , Melissa Austin
- OARacle Newsletter & Communication: Kimbery Hazen
- Outreach & Recruitment: Andrea Barber Sarah Pfau
- Social: Sarah Pfau and Barbara Beckett
- Ergathon: Mark L Lilleleht, Brian Austin
- Summer Programming: Open position
- Grant Writing: Houri Vorperian
- First Aid: Katherine Moriarty
- Monona Invite: Melissa Waldvogel, Susan Gaard; and Jenna Hansen (Shadows needed for all three positions)
Camp Randall Rowing Club
Junior Parent Committee Charter
The Board of Directors of Camp Randall Rowing Club (CRRC) establishes a Junior Parent Committee (JPC).
- Collect registration forms, waivers, emergency contact information forms and collect, deposit and maintain records of the fall, spring & winter workout programs and travel fees paid by the families of Junior rowers;
- Collect registration forms, waivers, emergency contact information forms and collect, deposit and maintain records of the program and travel fees paid by the families of the summer, high school and middle school Learn to Row programs;
- Organize, manage and coordinate the Annual Spring and Fall Parent Meetings, Open House, Awards Ceremony and other social activies;
- Organize, manage and coordinate fund-raising activities for the purchase and maintenance of equipment for the Junior rowing program, including the annual Erg-A-Thon and Bucky’s Locker Room;
- Organize, manage and coordinate the food, team tent, setup and other activities associated with the junior team’s regattas;
- Organize, manage and coordinate chaperones, lodging, transportation and equipment trailering for the Junior team’s travel activities, including but not limited to, the Spring Training Trip, Head of the Charles Regatta, Midwest Junior Rowing Championships, Youth National Invitational, Head of the Fox, Duluth International Regatta, Badger State Games, etc.;
- Organize, manage and coordinate the procurement and sale of all team clothing;
- Assist the coaching staff with planning, organizing and coordinating home regattas including the Brittingham Regatta and the Monona Terror Regatta;
- Organize, manage and coordinate recruitment programs for new Learn to Row participants and Junior rowers and,
- Prepare reports to the Board of Directors about the activities of the JPC, including recommendations for policies, activities, expenditures, etc., to enhance and support the Summer Learn to Row programs and the Junior Rowing program.
All parents and/or legal guardians of currently enrolled Junior rowers are eligible to participate in the JPC. The JPC shall select a Chair and a Vice-chair and shall organize such subcommittees as necessary to fulfill its responsibilities. The JPC Chair shall serve as a voting member of the CRRC Board of Directors.