Website: Blake Haxton Fall Invitational
Location: Griggs Reservoir Columbus, OH
Spectators and Fans: CRRC will have coffee for you set up at our tents, and usually someone bakes something delicious to share. Stop by and chat with other CRRC fans. Bring chairs, binoculars, a picnic and a full water bottle. Click here for a venue map. Click here for other spectator information. Race times and additional information can be found on Regatta Central
Weather: Up to date weather information for Columbus, OH can be found here.
What to Pack:
- Breakfast & lunch for the bus ride to Ohio, snacks and a FULL water bottle.
- Entertainment/activities, homework for non-race time: art supplies, Frisbee, book, card games, etc.
- Uniform (required on the water)
- Coxwains: Cox Box, watch, small notebook, pen and fanny pack
- sun hat/cold weather cap
- sun screen
- clothes for cooler weather/rain-gear
- money for race t-shirt (optional)
- assorted clothing for non-racing times on Friday & Saturday
- Swimsuit (optional).. the hotel has a pool
- Sleeping bag and pillow for the bus and hotel
- Pajamas/Cozy clothes for the bus
- Personal hygiene items and medications
Friday October 27
- 4:45AM Load Bus ~Last one on the bus sits closest to the bathroom… just say’n.
- 5AM SHARP Bus departs PickNSave parking lot with rowers, coaches and chaperones.
- 3:30PM EST (estimate) – Rig and row at Grigg’s Reservoir
- 6:30 Check-in at Courtyard Columbus West
- 7PM Dinner at the hotel
Saturday October 28
- 6:30AM Check out of hotel
- 6:45AM Bus departs for Griggs Reservoir
- 8:00am Coaches and Coxswains Meeting
- Racing: For race times, see regatta central.
- 5PM (estimate) Depart Griggs Reservoir. Dinner and snacks provided on bus.
- 2:30AM SUNDAY OCTOBER 29 (estimate) Arrive PickNSave parking lot. Rowers will call parents approximately 30 minutes prior to arrival, watch twitter feed for updates
Monday October 30
Optional practice & Unload trailer