Website: Head of the Rock Regatta
Location: You can use 200 Y Blvd., Rockford, Illinois as your GPS/map address. This head race begins at Martin Park and ends 2.75 miles later at the YMCA log lodge. It’s a great venue for bringing your bike…you can pedal alongside the river for most of the racecourse.
Spectators and Fans: CRRC will have coffee for you set up at our tents, and usually someone bakes something delicious to share. Stop by and chat with other CRRC fans. Bring chairs, binoculars, a picnic (or sign up for our $5 spectator lunch option) and a full water bottle. Dogs and bikes welcome. Suggested viewing spots are Martin Park, The Symbol, Sinnissippi Gardens, and anywhere along the east bank of the river between Riverside Boulevard and Whitman Street.
Weather: Up to date weather information for Rockford, IL can be found here.
What to Pack:
- Breakfast, snacks and a FULL water bottle.
- Entertainment/activities, homework for non-race time: art supplies, Frisbee, book, card games, etc.
- Uniform (required on the water)
- Coxwains: Cox Box, watch, notebook and pen in a fanny pack
- sun hat/cold weather cap
- sun screen
- clothes for cooler weather/rain-gear
- money for race t-shirt (optional)
- assorted clothing for non-racing time
Sunday, October 8
- 5:30 AM Athletes MUST depart Madison
- 7:30 AM Coaches/Coxswains meeting will begin promptly.
- Any changes to the regatta schedule will be announced at the meeting.
- 11:30AM Approximate lunch time at CRRC camp
- 5:30 PM Approximate departure from Rockford. ALL ROWERS MUST STAY TO LOAD TRAILER AND TRUCK.
- 7:00 PM Approximate ETA in Madison
Monday October 9 – NO PRACTICE
Questions and Contact info: Mark 608-354-6998 & Melissa 608-575-0031