Due to high winds predicted for Saturday, the Monona Invite venue has been changed to Lake Wingra.
This course is just shy of a 2K, but will provide needed shelter from high winds.
Wingra has an excellent, stable plastic dock that will accommodate two 8’s at a time, enough room in the park for the 3 teams and all their boats, tents and trailers, a place for our timers to set up at the finish line, and a spectator friendly setting that will allow everyone to see at least part of every race.
I value the time of our camp of volunteers. I realize that moving racing off of Monona adds time and effort to the event. Thank you for your understanding.
- Report to Wingra Park, off Knickerbocker Street at 7AM – Look for the trailer and immediately begin rigging boats.
- Rowers must wear their race uniform or novice tank top to this event. Tank tops are available from the clothing chairs for $10
- Snacks and lunch will be provided by the club for rowers and volunteers scheduled to work all day or on the water.
- Please bring your own full water bottle, sunscreen, cool weather clothing and other race day necessities
Visiting Teams: New Trier High School, Milwaukee Rowing Juniors
Coaches & Coxwain’s Meeting: 8:10AM at the dock
Racing: 9AM Saturday, April 22. Monona Invite Full Event Schedule 2017
Results: Race results will be tweeted at rowCRRC #Mononainvite and will be posted at the information tent. Medals will be awarded to first place finishers in each race.
RACE COURSE INFORMATION: Updated Racing and spectator map can be found at Monona Invite Alternative Site Map grounds layout Lake Wingra and Lake Wingra Map – Alternative Race Course
Weather: Up to date weather information can be found here.
Water Based Race Coordinator: Phil White 670-819-9705
Land Based Race Coordinators:
CRRC Volunteers: Please sign up here to volunteer.
- Spectator parking is available along residential streets around Lake Wingra, and at the Vilas Zoo Beach.
- Vehicles hauling team equipment & trailers will have limited parking at Wingra Park via Knickerbocker Street. This lot is not a large lot, so parking will be very limited.
- PLEASE KEEP ALL VEHICLES AND TRAILERS OFF THE GRASS.
Spectators: The race course has two good spots for spectating: in Wingra Park and Along the road and beach at Vilas Zoo Beach. Please note, Dogs are not allowed in Madison parks.